Why study public management at Missouri State?
- Our program, which is structured around public policy and management, prepares you to master your administrative, analysis and technology skills.
- Many of our courses are available online, providing flexibility for working professionals.
- Our program enables you, as a practitioner in government and nonprofit organizations, to extend your understanding of theory and practice.
- Our faculty members offer expertise in public policy, non-profit management, public safety, budgetary issues, environmental policy and program evaluation.
The Certificate in Public Management is a post-baccalaureate program designed to enable practitioners in government and nonprofit organizations to acquire knowledge and skills in public administration without pursuing a full master’s degree.
Careers and Outcomes
By working in the public sector, you show your commitment to helping others and improving the world through your work with the government and public service. Certification in Public Management prepares you for careers in the areas listed below:
- Public policy analysis
- Development and advancement
- Non-profit management and administration
- Community development
- Budget analysis
As a working professional, the Certificate in Public Management provides further training in administration and policy, honing your skills and preparing you for administrative positions.
The public administration field provides an array of professional opportunities. Listed below are links to job databases to help you search for careers in public administration:
Program Costs and Potential Occupations
(Gainful Employment Disclosure)